Learning

Have been asked many times lately why I am still rowing on. Apart from the obvious.. I love a challenge

More important I love learning. Learning gives makes me feel energised and I feel I still have so much to learn.

So years ago I was exposed to Kolbs learning model.




Kolb views the learning process as a context of people moving between the modes of concrete experience (CE) and abstract conceptualization (AC), and reflective observation (RO) and active experimentation (AE). Thus, the effectiveness of learning relies on the ability to balance these modes, which Kolb sees as opposite activities that best promote learning.
In addition, Kolb (1999) claims that concrete experience and abstract conceptualization reflect right-brain and left-brain thinking respectively.

Kolb theorized that the four combinations of perceiving and processing determine one of four learning styles of how people prefer to learn. Kolb believes that learning styles are not fixed personality traits, but relatively stable patterns of behavior that is based on their background and experiences. Thus, they can be thought of more as learning preferences, rather than styles.

Comments