Day 2 nationals

What can I say this place has everything. Head wind, hot almost unrowable water. Rain and bouncy water. Tail wind and more bounce. I should not complain but I am confused about how many speed boats are needed to manage a rowing regatta. How many does it take? A shit load and they are like flies buzzing around and with the signature sides to the 2000m stretch here it makes it somewhat like a washing machine.

It ain't cool to complain but I have to say it has been funny to have forgotten about West Lakes since last being here, to only be reminded over the last two days how contrasting the experience can be out on the water here.

Yesterday we races the rep and got through with a win against Matt Ryan and Ferguson Pragnell who got the other spot into the final. It was close all the way. Not stressful as I felt pretty relaxed but it was very close and the desperation of the pairs to make the final was obvious. So we are now into the final on Fri and a first and final in the four on Sat.

Comments

Thorstein said…
Hello Drew, I'm a big fan of yours.

I have a question not related to your post, I hope that is okay!

I know you're a great cyclist, and I wonder how you implement cycling into your cross-training?

What kind of sessions do you do?

The reason I'm asking is because I want to become faster in the boat/on the erg. I'm aware of that to be fast in a boat, you need to train in a boat. But I figure it would be a good thing to have a hard session or two a week which isn't rowing specific(atleast before the season starts).

If you could give me some examples on "speed intervals" that you do, I would really appreciate it!